Wednesday, September 10, 2008

From my ol' pals Paul and Art ...

I am just a poor boy and my story's seldom told
I have squandered my resistance for a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises.
All lies and jest, still the man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest ...

Not sure exactly what it means, but it feels like ... well ... how I feel. I guess this is as good a place as any to empty my pockets and see if I can make some sense out of it all.
In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders of ever glove that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out in his anger and his pain,
"I am leaving, I am leaving," but the fighter still remains.

2 comments:

Suesjoy said...

Aha!
so I WAS right (of course).

SOOO good to see you blogging, my friend.

:)

VanO said...

I have a Simon and Garfunkel thing ... comes from my kindergarten teacher who used to play them in her office behind the classroom when we were supposed to be napping. I often wasn't.